Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lately...

Here's some happenings 'round here:


A few weeks ago we were almost to the door of a friends house and Kade was looking down while he walked. He walked right into the metal handrail and hit so hard he fell on his back. He got a nice black eye soon after. I looked for another photo WITHOUT food all over his face, but there was none.



For Family Home Evening one night we took the idea of musical dress up out of the FRIEND magazine (and Jinny's blog-thanks Jin!)




So, no matter how high I hike his diaper or his pants up, this is what always ALWAYS happens. I think either A:he has one looong bum. OR B: His chub is so voluptuous, it just naturally mushes together to form a line.


BUT on the other end there is something else that stands out as well! I love his eyes!




Oh how we love to see the rain here!! It can rain SO hard and for SO long! (Don't mind Maggie-she is in the middle of changing out of church clothes into pj's)



I'm an Activity Days leader(which is for girls 8-11 years old) in my ward and for our last activity we talked about modesty and being unique. We then decorated little poster board dolls with fabric scraps, scrapbook paper, ribbon, buttons and markers to make them modest and unique. They turned out pretty cute and the girls enjoyed making them.



So I go to this thing for mom's every so often at this church nearby. They have a variety of activities that they do. Today I learned about photography, it was really good and I think I learned some helpful things to do. So I was just playing around with the camera today because it was pretty warm and we all wanted to play outside-here's a few of my favorites: (These are not edited, I'm sure Bret would love to get his hands on them before I post them...oh well)



(Hallelujah! A REAL smile! Guess what I did-I told him he didn't have to smile and he got all bashful and smiled!)





PS. Landon weighs 26.9 lbs. He continues to top...or not be on the charts at all sometimes.
A few other tid-bits:
4 more weeks until Bret takes his exams.
Landon has double ear infections.
It’s his first earache.
Maggie is so cute when she says “Akulley” aka:Actually
Kade is getting too big.
Our Bishop is moving, this next Sunday I think we will get a new one.
There was a tornado warning a couple weeks ago.

8 comments:

Isaac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burnhams said...

you all are busy :) poor Kade! I cant believe Landon weighs more than Kaliya!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

How fun to read and what cute kids! Kade's hair looks so dark in that first picture. I love Landon's eyes and the bum picture. I think Asher was about 24 something lbs at 9 months...big boys! Hope these 4 more weeks go quickly- it always gets so crazy before exams. I can't believe you had a tornado warning - scary!

Jess said...

Love the new pictures! It's been too long since we've "talked" :) Clara and Landon are the same size!! Just weighed her today and she's 26 lbs 12 oz. hahahahaha....Love the chubbiness. Hope you're doing great! miss you!

Mandy said...

OK, so this I realize is totally random. For fun I just clicked on the "Next Blog" button at the top of my blogger blog and I landed on yours. I am also LDS. I also have a 9 month old baby boy(Born May 26th) and he too is HUGE, no place for him on the charts. I went to see if you had posted how big your boy was at birth and our sons were nearly the same size. My boy was 9lbs 9oz and 22" long.

How crazy is that?

Melissa B said...

Landon does have beautiful eyes and your kids are all cutie pies.
Glad to see things are going well for you. Yeah for exams. Are these "final" exams for an end to the schooling, or exams that are important, but there will be more exams?

Anyway, your family is beautiful. Hope life is going great.

Luke and Lacee said...

Cute pictures of the kids.....seriously your baby weighs 26.9 pounds!

Christie Ruth Linford said...

Oh I love reading your blog! Makes me miss you all so much!