Monday, November 29, 2010

How Do I Sleep? Let Me Count the Ways...


In this photo she may look like she is so ready and willing to be in her bed. She even looks like she is HAPPY to be there...




Do not be deceived. There are more categories of "super" that she falls into besides simply "super cute." One category that I will illustrate in this post will be "super defiant." Maggie is "super defiant" when it comes to staying in her bed and going to sleep at night. We have tried many different things to try and get her to stay in bed and go to sleep. Some work pretty good, some don't, some work for a while and then eventually quit working. I've found sleep to be a tricky thing with children sometimes. Anyway, right now we're at a point where her schedule of sleep is so whacked up that it's not worth even trying to call it a schedule. So today I was going to try and "fix" her sleeping habits. This is the email I sent Bret this afternoon:


So….guess who’s asleep.

Nope, not Kade.

Yup, that’s right.

I told her she didn’t have to go to sleep today and that she could stay in her bed and read books.

Well, she stayed in bed. (SURPRISE!) AND she didn’t get out. (SURPRISE SURPRISE!)AND she fell asleep peacefully and quietly. (TRIPLE SURPRISE!)

Are we dumb or what!? Don’t we know she does things because she knows we don’t want her to?
The second I tell her she doesn’t have to go to sleep, she goes to sleep.

I can’t stop smiling.

Now what.

I wanted to put her to bed early tonight.

Ahhh sleep problems, you can never ever win.

Love you!


So anyway, I thought it was funny. Another category of "super" is she sleeps in SUPER WEIRD positions! Here are just a FEW for you!







These first 2 are actually pretty normal for her. She gets all the babies and books she can after we leave and falls asleep with them on/beside/under her.


Wedged in the crack






This one was totally surprising


How can anyone fall asleep with their head hanging over the edge??! Let's look at that again...



She makes me smile.

9 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

haha, that is hilarious! Love all those sleeping positions! Her little personality sounds a lot like my Rylee :) You are brave, we haven't even put Reese in a big bed yet...and I think as long as she isn't climbing out of the crib, I'll keep it that way!

Tiff said...

I am definitely going to have to learn from all of your trial and errors. I am sure Kylee is going to probably be pretty defiant and independent as well. Oh boy. I love all the pictures of how she has fallen asleep. This gives me a sneak peek of what Kylee might be doing since she is one crazy sleeper in her crib. Kylee is going to have to make this transition this upcoming summer before her little brother or sister comes.

Hannah Smith said...

haha! that's great!

Jinny and Mick said...

That is so funny! Honestly Boston kind of went through the same thing, it was so frusterating-but funny to look back on now:)

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Wow, those are some crazy sleeping positions. I don't know how you'd sleep like that. It does seem like there's always something with kids and sleeping!

Melissa B said...

Very entertaining.

Burnhams said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I love the head off the bed one! How did she not fall out???

Jenny said...

How fun! Every night when we check on our little people we are so entertained by how they're sleeping. She's so cute!

November Apple said...

so cute ;)