Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ordinary days

I haven't posted much lately. I have been feeling this total lack of motivation to. Nothing exciting has been happening. Just some regular day stuff plus some sicknesses that seem to never end or cycle their way back into our systems WAY to quickly and consistently. Sheesh, I can't exactly tell what's been Maggie's deal, but it's sure tiring. Oh, and we have no car. 2 Saturdays ago we went to another town 10 min. away from here. The van died just as we were getting to the edge of the other town. Some nice people helped us push it off the road (it was dark outside). One car honked at us. Our super nice neighbors came and picked us up. We had it towed to a mechanic and have gotten rides here and there all throughout last week. The mechanic told us he couldn't fix it and we needed to tow it to the dealer 45 min. away from here. We did that on Friday. So now we are going on week 2 without a car. I really never thought I could manage without a car AT ALL, but this experience has proved me wrong. It IS a HUGE inconvenience and quite hard to be without the car, but luckily we have some really nice neighbors and friends in the ward. Also, thankfully, it doesn't mess Bret up with school because he has always ridden the bus anyway-for free. I have two more things to say: UGH and hallelujah for tax returns! (Yes it's a bummer we have to put it into our car, but we expected to have to do some work on it sometime)


So this morning was particularly hard with the kids. Let me just say EMOTIONAL! (Them, not me, I just tried to keep my blood from boiling over.)I'm not sure what's up, but they are obviously not feeling well. My patience is wearing thin. Then I clicked on my friend's blog and saw this and it made me feel considerably better. Perspective is always good on mornings like these! I think I'll even make some bread today with my 'new' BOSCH! (since we ran out and can't go to the store).



Aren't they cute, we made funny glasses one day.

11 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

It sounds like you've had quite the week! I think that Jan-Feb are so hard as stay at home moms. You're cooped up in the house, sick half the time, it's just kind of a rough few months.
Hang in there, spring is just around the corner :)

Meikjn said...

aaaaahhh! I totally know how you feel. kids are crazy. and good luck with the car thing that is a huge pain.

Swensen Family said...

Oh Man, between you and Lindsey, you both make me really wish we all lived closer and could help each other out when there are little things like this car thing that come up. Sorry to hear about that but excited to see what your next vehicle will be. Thank goodness for tax refunds they always seem to come when we need them the MOST! Hang in there (I could never picture you losing your cool...you are such a great mom), the homemade glasses are a great idea!

Sarah said...

Man, it sounds like things are pretty rough. I hear ya. Winter is no fun at all... and being without a car would be just awful. I am so sorry. Having crazy days makes us wonder why we want any more kids at all, huh? But we do... :) And I hope things get better soon.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Whew! Sounds tough! I think it just gets so wearing sometimes just with day to day stuff and sickness, especially with husbands busy at school and no sign of a break for you. I can't imagine you losing your cool either - you are such a good mom. Sorry to hear about your car. I'm sure it's really difficult without being able to go to all those little places that you wouldn't normally think about! But, yes, yay for tax returns. :) Hang in there!

Shannon said...

Wow, sounds like you need a chocolate bar or something just wonderful like that! Maybe a spa day?

Jinny and Mick said...

That's a bummer you don't have a car! It's hard when you have to go without something you are so used to having!

Melissa said...

Why do cars have to be such fickle friends? You are amazing! I don't know how you manage but somehow you keep it all together and calm. I love the glasses...they are super cute!

Jess said...

So, I have been totally out of it for MONTHS...and I just came to your blog and saw that you are having baby #3!!!! And you're due May 12...and we are having baby #3 and I'm due May 13!!!!! Craziness :) How are you feeling?? I'm sorry your kids have been sick. It's been that way for us too. It feels like it never ends. And it's terrible because I get it every time too. I've had 3 ear infections so far during this pregnancy. I don't know what the deal is, but when I get a cold it just DOES NOT go away. Anyway, hope your immunity is holding up better than mine, and that you're feeling good!! Sorry about your van too...ours broke down a couple weeks ago, and it is such an inconvenience. We have two cars, at least, but Barrett's is really old and only has 2 seats! So, that didn't help too much :) Hopefully we can talk again sometime soon!

Elaine said...

Those glasses are so adorable!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Melissa B said...

Ah, life rains sometimes. glad you are managing despite the car stuff and sicknesses. My car died on me when I was traveling outside of Orlando on the highway. It died just as it was passing through toll lanes. There were like 6 toll lanes on each side with cars zooming past and the workers were asking me to move my car. I was very pregnant and looked at them like, What? You want me to push my car out of the way with 12 lanes of cars speeding by me? Seriously?