Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SICK, BORED, AND GOING CRAZY

Ok so this is me venting about us being sick and telling the long story, if you want a recap instead, here it is: We got horribly sick (except me for the most part) for ever and had no fun and it was hard.

AHH! We were doing SO good with not getting sick! But, with Bret being at school all day around so many other people, it's bound to happen that he brings it home. He did. 2 weeks ago. I expended all my energies to keeping it away from me and the kids. That was hard and pretty stressful. One week later, things are looking UP! Bret feels better, goes back to school and for 2 days we are excited about doing something together. It just so happened that that week was NOT a busy one for Bret so we were all disappointed that we couldn't take advantage of his extra time. The next week showed signs of not being super busy either-so we were happy about those prospects. Nope! Maggie came down with a fever. I thought it was teething because I felt a tooth starting to pop through. Not until the next day when Kade had a fever did I realize that we were sick again. This was the nastiest flu ever. From what I understand of the symptoms of swine flu-I would say they had it. I was kept sane by Bret and his help....until he got sick again with what the kids had. It was seriously NEVER ENDING!!! This flu kept going and going and going. Maggie did the same kind of thing as Bret. She looked like she was feeling better one day and the next day it was like she started all over with the sickness. I, however was extremely BLESSED to not get sick! It was SO hard caring for everyone and trying not to get sick that I got pretty stressed out. I got a slight cold but that was just about it. I was SUPER tired all the time. The kids woke up so early every day and woke during the night often. Bret tossed and turned plenty as well. So the day before yesterday Kade started looking better. Then he coughed all night long and the next day looked like he started over again. Maggie is doing better today, she is almost back to her old self! Bret is better also, and I am feeling much more rested! YAAAA! Kade slept on the couch pretty much all day yesterday and then slept all night long and seems to be a little better today.

So to bring a little cheer to our home, we bought a real sized Christmas tree (prelit for only $18!!)! We all loved it and played Christmas music and got out our scant suply of decorations. We no longer needed our 4 ft tree, so Kade got to have it in his bedroom and he loves it. It definetly brightened our day. I love Christmas time!!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving break either! We are going to Pennsylvania to Bret's sister and her family. I should be a lot of fun and great for us to get away from here for a few days.

10 comments:

Burnhams said...

yuck yuck, double yuck yuck! We had the swine flu, but it was upper respiratory, so no pukes and no poop. I was happy about that! I hope you are all better for a long time now!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Oh man, that is NOT fun! It is so hard to be feeling tired AND taking care of everyone. I'm glad you didn't get sick! It's the worst too when you can't take adavantage of rare "non-busy" school times too. We have been sick too - Isaac has been sick FOREVER and I actually got sick this time too. Blah. I'm glad you guys are starting to get better and yay for the new tree!

Matt and Shannon said...

Well, I am glad yall are doing better. Hooray for Christmas and happy music! And happy pre-lit trees. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving break in Pennsylvania, you deserve it!

Ashley Wray said...

Yikes, hope that you are all on the mend. Sickness is the WORST! Especially when you're the mom and have to take care of everyone even if you're not feeling so great. How fun about your Christmas trees, I'm thinking I might have to get mine up before Thanksgiving afterall!

Swensen Family said...

Oh man, wish I was around to help ease your burden and take a child for a while!! Glad that it looks like people are on the mend and that you managed to escape the flu. Have a great THANKSGIVING. For some reason my blog is not showing updates and that is why you missed the last one and I recently did another one too. I am going to have to figure out what the problem is!

Melissa B said...

that sounds awful. swine flu is supposedly going around our area and now that chase is in school and Logan is in nursery, and i am in the primary, I expect to get it. I sure hope not, though. These are the times when being a mommy requires super mommy skills we didn't know we had. being fatigued lessens our awareness of our powers.

Megs said...

That definitely is one thing about this season that is no fun, the illness. Sorry to hear it has been never-ending, hopefully that will be your one hit this year and the rest of the winter will be sick-free!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

So sorry you were all sick. NOT FUN AT ALL. What a good caretaker you are. I was the one who got sick at our house and it was just awful! I was grateful Ella didn't get it too... not when I had it. I hope things are better from now on. And just think, now you can enjoy the holidays sickness free!

Ward Family said...

I'm sorry to hear you guys got so sick, hope you feel better soon!
Miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Oh, I am feeling your pain! Being sick is the worst. Our family got the swine flu and then 3 weeks later Cecilia got a cold that turned into ear infections...not cool. I hope you have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving. That will be fun to get away for a few days.