Friday, August 28, 2009

INDIANA...and then some

Well we are here. I hate doing long updates, but if I don't get on top of this blogging thing, it's going to continue to happen. So sorry.

The 3 day road trip went pretty good considering I was PLANNING on it being horrible. It totally whacked up the kids sleeping and we were all dead tired by the time we got here. So it actually helped adjust to the 2 hour difference in time. I brought TONS of surprise bags for the kids and Bret made, with his own two hands (and my dad's tools), 2 amazing travel desks custom made for each car seat. I couldn't have found anything better in a store and they worked GREAT, especially for eating in the car. I will have to post a pic because I love them.
It was also Bret's b-day on the road-yeah, some b-day. We did celebrate it a couple days before we left though, so it turned out good.

I love our townhouse. It is amazing. It has so much space and the 2 story is wonderful. There is a lot of pantry space in the kitchen and a little dining area apart from the living room. That's something that we haven't had before because the apt.'s before were meshed with the living room.

The ward here is really nice. The complex we live in has a large portion of our ward in it and they seem to be very interactive-which helps with adjusting to a new place. We already have a kid swap going with 2 other mom's and boys around Kade's age once a week. We just take turns having all 3 boys at our house for a few hours.

Kade has always been a wonderful sleeper. He adjusts SO quickly that I have come to really rely on it. So when he started having troubles sleeping last week, it was really hard for me to handle. One night he was awake freaking out (like really freaking out) for 3 hours in the middle of the night. But, things are going better and he is sleeping through the night again. Sometimes I have to hold his hand until he falls asleep, but we just barely figured out that he wants the door open and the night light on. Weird, I guess some little kids get to a point where they all of a sudden decide they are afraid of the dark.

Then after that Maggie decided to wake up extremely early for a week and a half. She just slept in this morning and it felt like heaven. This is actually the first day since we got here that I feel pretty rested!

Kids are funny though, a lot of the time it goes like this: Kade does great, no problems and Maggie is having a hard time. Maggie does great, and Kade has problems. Will they ever both go through the good times together?!! (but if that means they have to have problems at the same time, I'm not sure it would be worth it)

Anyway, here are a ton of photos of before we left Montana and after:

Payton, Kade and Kason-SO much fun together!





Kade on the zip-line and Bret and the kids on the 4-wheeler-we HAD to have 4-wheeler rides everyday. They loved them so much it was the perfect bribe!




At the cabin:





The hike




Litte Susie came and saw me before we left for Indiana! It was so good to see her.


Mckenzie and Maggie


A parade! Slip-n-slide fun











This is what we moved all our things in. Bret built it all by himself! (he built it on top of the already made flatbed trailor) He really got into the wood working while we were there!

Bret's b-day party. Kade "helping" with blowing the candles out and opening the presents.






Indiana

No pictures of our home yet, but we walked around campus which is HUGE

In the middle of it we realized we were in a hotel!



They have a ton of really fun parks, but this park is about the coolest I've ever seen. It is gigantic!



Bret's sister Carrie and family live within an hour and a half so we have gone there a few times. They have 4 young kids and Kade loves playing with them.



That's all for now!

15 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I have been waiting for an update! :) Glad the long drive went better than you were thinking it would. I'm sure those trays helped! I'm excited to see the townhouse. A seperate dining area would be so nice! We are still in the meshed together dining room and living room are the same thing stuff. That will be so nice and helpful to have an interactive ward and boys Kade's age! Hope the sleeping schedules continue to get back on track - being tired is so hard! Love the pictures! Good luck with school starting Bret!

Romney Family said...

So glad to hear you made it safely. Yeah for a new adventure and chapter in your life!! I love living in new places. THat is neat that Brett's sister is close to you guys. Yeah for handy husband's. Brandon loves to make things and is real good at it too!!

Darcy said...

Sounds like a great place. That kid swap within the ward is wonderful-- enjoy it. Your kids are super cute!

The Daniel Gray Fam said...

I hate the long posts too but it's easy to get backed up when you move. Hope you guys like your new spot. I am sure your townhome is nice to have! Good to hear from you all!

Liz said...

Anxious to see the townhouse, and those trays! They sound pretty good, and I think I should get one, no, two. The first place Lane and I rented after we got married was a two story townhouse, and we really liked it! Helps it to feel more like a house than an apartment, especially when you don't have to tell the people upstairs to quit stomping as they walk!

Sarah said...

Well, it sounds like things are going really well with your new place. (Sorry about the sleeping though... I hope it gets better) Thanks for the update. You look great and your kiddluns are so cute.

Susie Stout said...

glad you made it safe!! Wow it made me tired thinking about that trip, I bet your glad to be there and get settled.

Swensen Family said...

Oh I am excited for you guys but at the same time it is a little sad for me to read that post because it really seems like you are a world away now!! I am glad that the transition is going smoothly and Kade already has some buddies...that sounds great! I'll be watching for pictures. Good luck with getting some much needed rest. Those picture were all so great...Payton loved looking at them too, we miss you guys already.

Ashley Wray said...

Whew! Sounds like you have been busy! So glad you made it safe and sound and that the trip was torture! I need some pics of these carseat trays, those sound like the best idea ever! I might have to put Andrew to work! Have fun getting settled in, can't wait for pics of everything else!

Luke and Lacee said...

Glad you guys made it there, and yay for your kids for being pretty good on that long trip! So fun that you have family relativly close.

Jinny and Mick said...

You are so good to do an update, I just can't bring myself to do one and I have so much to post! First, your kids are so brave, I can't believe kade going on the zip-line. I did that one time and I got kind of scared, but I guess I'm a weenie! I hope you adjust okay, it helps so much to have a good ward and that's good they're all close. It was good to see you at home, I hope it's not too long before we can see you again!

meikjn said...

hey that sounds fun. thanks for all the pictures, I have not seen you guys in a while.

Melissa said...

I can't believe so many people in your ward live in your complex. That is awesome and you're not even in Utah. Wow. That is great to make instant friends like that.

My kids always get wacked out in sleep and in their behavior each year we move. It's fun to deal with. Hope your kids get used to the New place soon. Glad you have some space. We just moved into a house and I am LOVING every bit of it. I don't have furnuture for downstairs but I don't care.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad that you like your new home. We also love the transition from an apartment to a townhouse.
I had no idea that you were still in such good touch with Susie! That is awesome. I wish I was. It is difficult to stay in touch sometimes, you know?

Melissa said...

Yay, you got there safe and everything is getting worked out! I hate when Cecilia gets messed up with her sleeping. It makes everything just that much crazier. I'm so glad you are liking your apartment. It seems like for the first little while, that's your world before you get to know stuff. Good luck with everything. We miss you guys! Keep us updated.