Monday, July 6, 2009

4th Fun

We spent most of last week at the cabin. It was pretty fun. We forgot our camera though. We saw a moose too! It was a mama moose and (we found out later) it had a baby back in the trees where we couldn't see at the time. It was really cool. We sat there and watched it from the truck for quite a while. We came back here and lit fireworks in our yard. Oli and Levi put on a good show for My parent's, cousin Avery and us. It was nice and relaxing...except for the part when Levi decided to go a little too creative. He had put 4 big artillery shell fireworks(the really big ones that are pretty in the sky) in a circle and slanted them all together so he could twist the fuses together to have them go off at the same time. We were all nervous and my dad put a cooler in front of them to block us. He lit it and it didn't go as he planned-go figure. It bounced off the house and landed right behind some of us and we all scrambled. It all happened in matter of seconds. Oli started running away but tripped and Avery trampled over him and tripped. Bret got up and out of his chair and I sort of dove out over my mom onto the grass. I was sure we were all dead. My parents stayed in their chairs and just laughed at us. It was pretty funny-AFTERWARDS.





Swimming in the little pool

I just remembered: This morning Oli found Maggie with a big, live beetle squirming to get out of her hand and she was about to eat it! She is a crazy girl!

15 comments:

Darcy said...

I love the pic. of Kade with his hands over his ears! Cash was scared of the fireworks but he would peak occasionally from the window just to see what in the world we were doing.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I'm sure that was scary! I think I would have been inside. I can totally picture it though! Maggie is always dressed so cute. We are excited to come and Kason is excited to see Kade.

Swensen Family said...

Cute 4th pictures...everyone looks great! I wish I could have been there to enjoy a good laugh while everyone scramed! See you soon!!!

Liz said...

That is hilarious! Too bad you guys didn't get the firework show on video tape! Evelyn loves bugs, she's always picking them up. I've made a rule for the kids that they are not to bring me any ol' bug or worm that they find. At least you cought the beetle in her hand instead of her mouth!

Romney Family said...

Cute festive outfits on the kids!! Sounds like you guys had a great 4th. How fun to be home for it!! We saw moose last year when we were up in MOntana!!

Dawn said...

Maggie is just taking after her Dad. Bret ate part of an ant or slug when he was a baby!!

Ashley Wray said...

So fun! Minus the whole firework incident. They are so fun, but I admit, they make me a little nervous too! Love Maggie's little 4th outfit and Kade covering his ears, cute kids you've got there!

The Daniel Gray Fam said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th! Wish I could've seen the "scramble" incident!

Jinny and Mick said...

Oh, that post made me laugh! I love the picture of Kade covering his ears, seems to be a typical reaction from a toddler! Maggie is so stinking cute, I love the headband (did you make it??)
P.S. See you in a few weeks!

Jenny said...

I love that last picture of you and the kids in the pool. So cute!

Scranners said...

Avery told me about the scrambling and tripping..funny. And to think I coulda seen it:)

Tiff said...

Hey!

I was glad to see that you found my blog and to hear from you! (Even if it was close to being a novel :)). It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I know you hear this all the time, but Maggie has grown up so much!! I am going to have to remember that with my own daughter, when she finally comes.

Sarah said...

Happy FOURTH! I love it. I think I can do this summer thing for awhile longer. I am not ready for a crazy, cold winter yet.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry you've been in Fairfield this summer and I haven't been able to get up there yet. It's crazy around here. Jon is done with his classroom education in less than four weeks and he gets one week off and then he starts his clinical rotations. We need to move a little more west of billings. I have been searching for a place to live and I cannot find anything doable for our family. I want to go visit Fairfield, but I've got to find us a home and then pack and move. Blah...not a fun summer. How much longer are you in town before you disappear forever to the East?

Never A Dull Moment said...

Megan, you are a way cute mom. Your posts are so good. I love all the pictures! Congrats on all the great stuff happening with your family..... such cute kids!
Kera