Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We are moving to...

INDIANA!


School for Bret starts in August. He got accepted to Iowa, Indiana, and Minnesota. He is on the wait list for Ohio, but we aren't waiting any more. We know that we want to go to Indiana. All the schools have good programs, but in the end it came down to the funding that they offered. Plus there were some random connections here and there that made us think a lot about Indiana. A professor there googled Bret's name a while ago and has been in touch with him ever since he applied to Indiana the first time. He is a member of our church and seemed to want Bret to come there. He even worked out some extra funding and also summer funding for Bret! It was extremely nice of him. It also seemed like quite a few people Bret talked to mentioned Indiana in some positive way or another. And we have FAMILY close by! Bret's sister and her family are just an hour and twenty minutes away from where we are moving. He also has another sister and her family in Pennsylvania-which might be around 8 hours away. We also know a few people who have gone there and loved it and loved the area. Another BIG plus is that it is a place about twice the size of Missoula-so not the big city, whereas all of the other schools are in HUGE cities and we would be right in the middle of them. I would have gone if that was the place we chose to go, but MAN am I happy that I don't have to live and raise my kids in a big city. Nothing against it, but if I had the choice I wouldn't. I am definitely a small town kind of person. I actually went online and started applying to housing in Indiana even before we knew we were going there. It was the only place I did that with, and I'm not even sure why because as you may remember I desperately wanted to go to Minnesota in the beginning. Funny how things change. However, it does make me feel very sad to be so far away from most of our family. I don't foresee us making the 26 hour drive home all that often. But all in all, we have felt very good about going to Indiana. So there ya have it. Anyone know anything about Bloomington, Indiana? For fun...here it is:








Me and the kids went to my parent's house for almost 2 weeks. Bret is insanely busy and couldn't come until the last couple days. We had a great time! I did get a flu bug, but thankfully it was only me and it lasted just one night. Kade absolutely LOVES it there. It is so spacious, they have fun games, 4-wheelers, my 2 little brothers to play with, and we burned my parent's huge pile of junk while we were there. Kade liked the burning a lot. We made doughnuts, shrimp, and all sorts of yummy food. My mom started sewing me a new dress, we went to a scout auction, and we visited my cousin Jens who has been dealing with cancer for some time now. I am so glad that we were able to see him and It was so so good to see him and talk with him. I often think about him and of all the things he has been going through. We also watched conference at my parent's house which was nice. I love conference and really need to read each talk again when we get the Ensign. It's hard to watch conference with kids and all the distractions that happen! Oh, and one last thing that happened there.....









I get kind of bored of my hair sometimes and usually cut it. This time I got a trim and had my mom dye it. I have always highlighted it in the past, so this was a fun change. Levi said I look like a "cold one" (Twilight). Oh well, maybe I can change that this summer.

16 comments:

Swensen Family said...

I am so happy for you guys...okay, okay I am kinda sad inside because that seems like so far away and we don't get to see each other much now as it is!!! How long is this program again?! That is great that everything is working out great, it must be where you are supposed to go. Your hair looks great(it always does), it is always fun to have a change!

Ashley Wray said...

Ok, your hair looks darling! You totally can pull off being brunette, I so wish I could because I'd save us a lot of money- but I look weird with brown hair.
How exciting that you know where you're going, that is always a relief so you can start planning things. Sounds like you're on the ball with housing and what not. Good luck and keep us posted. Sounds like you had a good time with your family, me and the girls are headed to Billings in about 2 weeks and I can't wait!

Liz said...

You do look like a cold one, perfectly beautiful! Indiana sounds exciting! Isn't amazing how things just "work out". Hopefully you'll get to come back this way a few times, or you can always talk everyone into going out there!!

Dawn said...

We are so excited! Can't wait to have you guys closer. BTW when in August does Bret start. We are making the trek back to PA(my Mom and I) leaving Utah on Aug. 13. Will you guys already be there? Good luck with looking for housing. It is hard to live away from family, but it's a fun experience. Love the hair!!!

adorable pearsons said...

Your hair is darling! i love it! And yeah for the move. Moving has it's perks (since I do it so much I like to focus just on those) & you'll do great!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! What program did he get into, btw?
When will you find out if you get into the housing you applied for?
Your hair looks great, btw!

Burnhams said...

We are really going to miss you!

I like your hair, makes me want to do something with mine...

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I am sure it is a relief to know where you are going! Sounds like there are alot of positives there. We have learned that who you know in the school really makes a difference. And funding is always a plus!:) Finding housing is hard from a distance! We have learned that subsidized housing is NOT the same here as it was in Rexburg! I don't know what you are looking for though. Good luck! I'm glad you guys are excited, but sad we will be so far away! We'll have to plan in advance to all be together for holidays and stuff. Sounds like alot of fun at your parents! Your hair looks so good! It brings out your eyes. I want to do a color change too after this baby.

Romney Family said...

I am sure it is so nice to know where you are going finally!! Yeah for new adventures!! I like your hair!! It looks great!!

Megs said...

Congratulations, it's so nice to actually know where you're going and what you're doing with your life, for the next couple of years anyways!! It's so stressful, not knowing!! Good luck with everything!!

Sarah said...

We are so excited for you. I hope you like it there. Happiness. I love conference too. It is so nice to get the conference talks online or in the Ensign later. I like your hair! Changes are good to keep us sane sometimes. Best wishes with the move.

Jinny and Mick said...

Cute hair, it's fun to do something different every now and again isn't it? I'm really excited for you guys, Indiana will be a good experience! And you are so close to the church sites, that would be cool if you could visit them while you were there! Be so glad you're not in the big city, stay away from it if you can!!! There's so many things that are different here, but I'm so a small town girl, too. I hope we don't have to stay here too long!

Melissa said...

Yay for your family! Although that stinks for ours...we will miss you guys like crazy so we should have tons of fun before you move. I am loving the brunette on you Megan. Looks great.

Jenny said...

I am very excited for you. I hope that you really like Indiana.
Just so you know, I'm doing a giveaway on my craftblog, if you want to enter...

Melissa said...

you look hot dark! Seriously.
I'm glad for you guys getting into a school that is good for you...however...I will miss not seeing you around the big MT for awhile.

Shelly Linford said...

I am so excited for you. What an adventure. I have only heard good things about Bloomington and have known three people that have lived there and loved it.