Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Home Again Home Again

Well, after a 6 week break from school we are back at it...or at least Bret is. I am back at home with the kids. After we came home from Idaho, we spent a week here and then my parents came through and got the kids and I. We spent 2 weeks there and Bret came about midway through. We loved it and had SO much fun. Kade had a great time- he loves to have fun with Levi and Oli and they are really good to him. He loves the 4-wheeler too. Maggie was teething some more and had some bad nights, but then my neighbor sent some stuff with Bret and it worked great. Oh, and Maggie turned 6 months on Christmas day! I know-she is now 7 months, but we have only her 6 month stats: She was18 lbs.(75-90%), 28 inches tall(70%), and her head was 43 cm.(75%).




Bret took this of my parent's yard one evening. I love Montana.




Some glasses I found at my parent's house.



Bret has just one semester left here...I am SAD! I really enjoyed being here and having family so close. He has applied to a bunch of states all in a row around the Great Lakes. We will see where we go. I hope so bad it's Minnesota. Why? Because they say he doesn't have to do another Masters degree(many of the other ones say he does because the programs are different from here), so that would cut a lot of time off of school, and because it is 14 hours away. That is the closest and that is doable. Bret also thinks it is a pretty good program. We will see though, I am grateful I don't have to go anywhere far by myself-I have my great husband and kids to go with me!

13 comments:

Swensen Family said...

It seems like that is what really matters most...having your hubby and kids around. Without them life would just not be the same, although we are all pulling that it will be a somewhat close school as well too! Cute pictures of Maggie she is a sweetheart, how many teeth does that make?

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Ugh, back to school, I feel your pain! The picture of Montana is really pretty, I love where your house is at too! Maggie is SO cute! And so big!!:) So, Minnesota?! That would be nice not to have to do a masters again! We are about 14-15 hours away from both our parents and it is far, but doable. Well, if it can't be Oregon (which I wish could still happen) then I will hope for Minnesota too!

Liz said...

How much more school does he have left after this semester? It's hard living away from family, but good friends definately help out!

Dawn said...

It is hard to live far away from family. We have done that for the last 6 1/2 years. But like you said at least you will have your family. I think we have grown closer together having to be so far from hom. We would love to have you guys out closer to us. I hear you about not wanting to repeat a masters. That would stink. Good luck with everything and let us know where Bret interviews!

Romney Family said...

Maggie sure grew up fast!! SHe sure is cute!! what great pic of Montana I love it too. I just wish I could live there againg but probably never will!!

Sarah said...

Wow. I didn't realize that you were that close to moving. It will be fun to hear where you will be moving. Maggie is ADORABLE! You always have her dressed so cute (aren't girls fun?)

Ashley Wray said...

Oh, please so share your secret teething medicine, Reese is just starting and I'm remembering how miserable it is!
So glad you had a nice long vacation in Montana (gorgeous picture!) So I'm confused, I thought Bret was already doing his Masters, are you going to Minnesota for a PhD? Fill me in, I think I missed something!
Your kiddos are adorable, glad you're back!

The Daniel Gray Fam said...

It will be sad to have to move so far from family even if Minnesota is the closest bet. Good luck with schools and little Maggie is so big now. She's probably almost as big as our little runt.

Jinny and Mick said...

I didn't realize Bret was almost done! I bet it has been so nice to be there close to home. I hope you don't have to go too far away, too. (Minnesota has some Little House on the Prairie history in it-sweet!) It's been really hard for me to be away so far, but I have learned some good things that I probably wouldn't have learned otherwise. I still just hope it doesn't last too much longer! Maggie looks so cute in those pictures.

Courtney said...

I can't believe how big Maggie is getting!!! She's so cute!

Melissa said...

Of course Maggie is a darling little half year baby. I'm sorry you'll probably be moving far from Montana soon...but you will be with your hubby which is always good. I don't find out for four or five more months if I'm going to be living without Jonny next year. It makes me real sad just thinking about it. What a bummer that would be. I hope you guys get into Minnesota. Keep us posted.

adorable pearsons said...

That last pic of Maggie is priceless! Moving is difficult...we do it quite often. However, I am always reassured to have my family with me & then it makes the adventure kind of exciting! PS. I am so glad you found a solution for teething...that is so hard on mommy's and babies!

Summer said...

I love Maggie's red flower in her hair! Hey and if you move close to Michigan we'll give a prize....