Monday, November 3, 2008

BEWARE...

...THIS IS A LONG POST!

I think we are just about Halloweened out after this week. On Tuesday we went to a lady's house who is in the Spanish department with Bret. They have this pumpkin carving party every year and this was our second year going. There usually are some foreigners there who have never carved pumpkins before. They seem to really like it. It's fun meeting them as well. The lady's husband was really playful with Kade and Kade loved it! He had so much fun!

On Wednesday a girl in my ward asked me to watch her daughter who is a little younger than Kade. Her regular babysitter couldn't do it, and she was desperate...and let me tell you it was HARD with 3 young kids! Although she is a good little girl and Kade and her played really well together most of the time. My playgroup had a Halloween party that I dressed all of them up and took them to it. (Which was a brave act on my part!) It was a little hectic, but we had a good time and got some good candy from all the festivities that went on there. Kade was dressed up as this little tigger:





We also carved pumpkins on our own this week. Kade actually liked digging his hands in the guts! I was pretty surprised! He is quite the little copy-cat. If I used the spoon; he would use the spoon, if I used my hands, he would use his hands. He does this sort of thing when we eat dinner as well...for the most part unless he decides he doesn't like something.

Then on Thursday we had our ward Trunk or Treat. It was a lot of fun and Kade got a bunch of candy from that! Maggie was SO SO cute in her little flower costume. Bret and I tried to look like we were dressed up too... And Kade also looked really cute in his cookie monster costume that Grandma Linford sent him. He thought it was pretty cool. By the end of the night though, he was ready to have that extra head off of him! He was really good at saying trick or treat...apparently he knew those were the magic words to receive candy!


OH! I keep forgetting to post about Kade and his NEW BIG BOY BED! (Thankyou craigs list once again) We were going to put it up and get him use to it, but he was acting like he liked it so much we decided to try it out. It went really well. The first few nights he woke up once in the night and cried out for about a minute then went back to sleep. The funny thing is that Kade doesn't realize he can get down when he wakes up-or even when he goes to bed! He just lays there until he falls asleep or until we come get him when he wakes up. During the day he is obsessed with getting in and out of it or grabbing all the blankets off of it and dragging them out to the front room and having me spread them on him five million times so that he can go "nigh-nigh" on the ground. Odd boy! I think he is pretty funny though, but spreading the blankets on him does get old!

And I just wanted to post this cute pic I took of him before church yesterday. He looked so cute I had to get one before he took the tie off and un-tucked his shirt.

10 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Kade looks all grown up in the las picture! So cute! I'm impressed with his big boy bed, I wish that Rylee thought she couldn't get out of hers :)
I agree with the Halloweened out, I love the holiday but after shoving your kids in their costumes a few times, I'm usually good for a whole year!

tia said...

So cute! You and your fam are precious!!!

adorable pearsons said...

Kade looks pretty 'gq' in his church outfit. He is so cute! You guys did have quite the number of Halloween activites and all of them sounded really fun! What a cute family you are

The King's said...

Sounds like a ton of Halloween fun!! I love the church picture but I know what you mean, they only last for about 10 seconds then things are untucked and covered in snot or food!
Such a cute family!

Swensen Family said...

Sounds like you kept busy! Sometimes as a child I never realized how much work my own mom must have done to make the holidays fun. Carving pumpkins is a great example... nothing like getting all messy, keeping children from cutting themselves, cleaning up the messes, etc. I know it is all worth it but as a mom these traditions take on a new meaning for me!! That is funny that you braved it out and about with 3 kids. I am sure it was a lot of work, good for you!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like lots of fun activities.

By the way, we are planning on Thanksgiving in fairfield, so I am way excited to see you! I'd say our families getting together for the meal would be great.

Plus, Jarom is actually going to be home, so all of us kids will be home for the first time in years. We haven't all been together since before their missions, which was dad's funeral, and that wasn't a fun time. So, i'm looking forward to it all. Yeah!

Sarah said...

I love the pic of the whole family. How cute! I love the costumes. And I agree with Ash, Kade looks so grown up in his shirt & tie.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Cute pictures! Kade does look all grown up in that last picture. I also like the picture of all you guys dressed up. Way to go with the toddler bed. I've heard that can be a tough transition, but it sounds like Kade is doing great! And good job on taking 3 kids out to a party, that was brave!

Luke and Lacee said...

I got to say my favorite costume is definatly Tiger with the sword, so awesome! Sounds like your week was full of fun halloween activities. That's so nice that Kade doesn't get out of his bed during the night, what a good kid! ~Lacee

Jinny and Mick said...

Check him out in his cute church outfit. Love it. Boston did the same thing for awhile when he first started sleeping in his bed. He would wait until we came in and got him in the morning. Cute costumes, I love seeing the kids dressed up, the look so cute.