Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday Fun

Not much has happened here in Missoula for us, so you get to hear what we did on our saturday. We had a good time, but it might not be too exciting for others to hear about!


So after this summer, Bret pretty much HATES garage sales. I, on the other hand, have become more addicted to it. I LOVE finding good deals on things we need....and want. Kade's b-day is coming up so I have been thinking about what I want to get for him. One idea that I had was a Cars race track thing:
I found one minus the cars brand(but the same exact thing still) at a sale for $1. Kade loves it and has a ton of fun with it. It sells at Walmart for $21. I have found most of Maggie's and Kade's clothes at garage sales. They are still like new when I find them. It saves us so much money and since we are lacking in that area anyway, it works well for us to go to garage sales. But I can understand that Bret hates them, I might too if I was a guy. Well, yesterday morning I fed Maggie and put her to sleep and took Kade garage saling with me. We had a good time and I found this brand new train set for a dollar. Since we already gave him the car thing, we are waiting to give this one to him for his b-day. We also did a little grocery shopping. It was nice and easy with just Kade and me. Then we came home, got Maggie and Bret and went to the farmers market. I really like the farmers market. We walked around and got some items and went down by the river for a while. When we were walking back to the car we remembered a friend gave us a Macie's gift card for maggie. We went there and picked out 2 CUTE outfits. One of them would have cost us $5 extra, but the lady who checked us out said she was in a good mood and took off the $5! It was really nice of her. All in all,(BIG Thanks to WIC and our friend) we spent a total of 1 $ for all this good stuff:

Those are huckleberries and I am really excited to make something yummy with them! I LOVE having these great veggies to eat also. I get really excited about having fun, healthy food to eat. We came home exuasted, but happy. Kade was so tired that he fell asleep on the 5 min. trip home. It was really funny because he hardly ever falls asleep in the car that easily. Maggie actually fell asleep in the car too. She usually doesn't like her carseat. It was cute. 2 peacefull sleeping kids in the car...very rare so I enjoyed it to it's fullest. I topped the day off by going to the general relief society broadcast which was awesome. It was a good day.


Here is Maggie being her cute self:



She is 3 months old now! She weighs 13 lbs 12 oz. Kade is doing really good with her now. He actually hasn't hit her for some time. He LOVES giving her kisses!



Kade also thinks that it is fun to put Maggies headbands on himself. He calls it baby's hat.

6 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh I LOVE garage saling, unfortunatley the ones here in Burley are super crappy, maybe we need to move to Missoula and we can go together! Maggie is too cute, I love all the outfits you have for her and the sweet headbands! Love WIC and love nice sales people!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

It does sound like it was a good day! It is the best when you find a great deal. I need to find some clothes for Kason at a good deal somewhere. Maggie's outfits look really cute. And I really can not believe how big she looks. She is so cute! I love the pic of her face. Glad you had a good day!

adorable pearsons said...

I love love garage sales as well! What a load for a one dollar :) We got Chad a new golfing bag and the girls some games for $5....you know, the necessities :)! Your your little ones are sure getting bigger, I hate how fast it goes! THey are so cute!

Jinny and Mick said...

Boston would always put Dakota's headbands on, too, I would just laugh. It is nice when you get out of the house with just one, it's amazing how much less stressful it is. I love huckleberries!! I wish I had access to them here to make something tasty!

Courtney said...

We love garage sales as well- just got a baby dresser for Noah for 30 bucks. It's already painted blue with yellow and red knobs- super cute! Anyways, your day sounded fun. And Maggie is super cute!!! We just weighed Noah today- 9 lbs. at 2 months...a little bit behind, but still so good for him, considering how little he was!

Swensen Family said...

I haven't done a lot of garage sales this summer butI really do love to and they can be so addicting!! I am going to a quarter sale this weekend let me know if there is anything that I should look for!! I too am glad that you had such a good day, still wish we all lived closer together!