Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Anniversary!

Yesterday was our Anniversary. We have been married for 3 years! Wow! Time flies. 3 years is really not that long at all, but I can hardly remember the feeling of not being married to him. It feels so normal and natural now. When Bret and I were dating I was thinking about going on a mission. He told (wrote) me that he loved me and I told him I wanted to go on a mission. He was pretty sad. I talked to my brother Mckay about it and he told me that his mission was great...but being married has been greater. And, I have to agree-even though I didn't actually go on a mission, I am glad I married Bret instead. Thanks Mckay! We got engaged the same weekend as Isaac and Lindsey and married a week after them. It was SO fun to go through all of that as the same time as them. Lindsey and I went through the temple for our first time together. I felt like it was a great bonding experience to do all those things at the same time.


Being married is a wonderful thing. Being married to Bret tops it all. We blessed Maggie on Sunday (pics to come) and had his family stay with us. They left yesterday and I left after them to come home with my family for the week. We are planning to go to Apgar (glacier park) this weekend and Bret will come for a night and then we will go back to Missoula. So our Anniversary was a little short-lived...well actually not lived at all, but we were SO happy to have family come and visit. We are thinking we'll just celebrate it next week sometime. It was a little sad we didn't even spend much of the day together though! On the way to Fairfield I thought about a few things that I love about Bret:

-He is so kind to everyone!
-He has a great work ethic, which as a wife and mother, I am very thankful for.
-Kids love him. We have many nieces and nephews and I can tell whenever we see them that having Bret there means playtime for them. He is good with all ages of kids.
-He can talk forever to me. I'm kind of weird because when I go to sleep it calms me down for him to talk to me at night. Sometimes I have to tell him I'm done listening though!
-He also is a great listener and can think of great questions to ask people. He makes people feel comfortable because of his question-asking ability.
-He handles me very well...I can be kind of bratty to him sometimes.

All in all he is a great husband and I am very thankful for him. I love you Bret! Miss ya!
Oh, my parents don't have any pics of our wedding on their computer, but I found a few of our reception and engagement..

8 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Happy Anniversary! Love that last pic of the 2 of you walking!

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys- I didn't realize y'all were apart- when will you be together again? I am so excited that I will finally get to see Jared on Friday- hallelujiah!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Happy Anniversary! 3 yrs is great isn't it? Congrats. That was so nice of you to say, and I totally enjoyed going through all of the wedding excitement and the temple with you too! It was really special and fun. I remember sleeping in the 5th wheel that night with you and Maren and talking about our rings and if we were going to sleep with them on or not and other stuff. Cute pictures! :)

Jinny and Mick said...

Happy Anniversary!! I like the pics, and have fun in Montana and Glacier, I'm jealous!

Swensen Family said...

Happy late Anniversary!! I can't believe how fast time flies. I remember some of the conversations you had with Mckay, the protective older brother that he is! I think it is so fun to hear everyone's different stories. Have fun in Glacier and I hope the weather is nice for you!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anni! I love the pics. Your reception looks like it was fun. You too are such a great couple.

The Daniel Gray Fam said...

Hope you had a great anniversary! Ours is today...stil can't decide where to eat out at... All it takes is being married for time to zoom fast.

SUSIE E. STOUT said...

Wow, you know I never really heard your story I just remember being wow that's random McKay marries my friend Katie and you marry my friend Bret.... so weird! But here is a few more facts Sept 2nd is special to me because it was my hubby's and my first kiss :) and my parents got married in the Logan temple I love that temple it is beautiful! Sometime you'll have to give me the full story!!! Oh and isn't it nice to have a husband that can handle the occasional bratiness (your not the only one :) Happy Anniversary!