Saturday, August 9, 2008

Birthday Boy


I just wanted to post a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bret! His birthday was yesterday. The day actually started by him being nice to me by letting me get a little more sleep in the morning. I was pretty tired from the night and it helped a lot. We had our neighbors who are in our ward over for cake and ice cream They are really fun neighbors to have and we are SO bummed that they are moving in a few months! Oh, and I bought a cake this year from the store and when I was putting it ever so carefully up front in our van I dropped the sack it was in!! I was so MAD! Luckily it didn't look too bad and was still intact to all of itself. And it was really good (german chocolate) Anyway, then we went and dropped the kids off at another ladies house in our ward. This was the first time for me to be away from Maggie and quite frankly I didn't mind that much! I didn't like missing a feeding session though...ouch (anyone who's nursed knows how that is (: ) Bret has wanted to go to the 2nd batman forever, so we went to that and it was pretty good. I think we liked to 1st one better, but it was still good. Then we went to this place called Famous Dave's-a BBQ restaurant. It was SO good! It was really nice to get away by ourselves. We were trying to remember the last time we went on a date and we think it might have been last summer sometime. So, it has been a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bret was really excited for it too. Then we came home and opened presents! Bret, I love you! I couldn't have ever asked for a better husband-you are my one and only! You really do know how to treat me well and I appreciate all of it. Happy Birthday!


As a side note, lately on tv Bret and I have both seen our birthday's broadcasted quite a bit. His birthday was 8-8-08-which is the first day of the Olympics. So we have seen commercials for that for a while. While my birthday is on 2-17-09, which is the day that they are converting all the tv's to digital tv. Every now and then a note will flash across the screen with that date on it. So both our birthdays are broadcasted! (I know, it's not that exciting, but I thought it was pretty random that it happened.)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday little Brother! I was hoping to call and say that your niece was born on your birthday, but alas she hasn't cooperated yet :) I will try calling sometime this weekend!

Ashley Wray said...

Yummy, wasn't the German chocolate cake soooo good? Sounds like you guys had a fun little date, good for you for getting out of the house! Totally hear you on missing a nursing session, owie! That's neat about your birthdays, you 2 must have connections somewhere within the media!

Josh n' Chelle Smith said...

Happy Birthday!! my kids all have something cool aboujt heir birthdays, Kialey was born on Mr. Luther King JR Day, Justice was born on my mom's last birthday and Addy was born then later that day my sis in law had her baby girl so her and her cuz share a b-day then Jett I guess feeling left out made his memroable in his own way by being born on a bathroom floor.
Anyway glad the B-day went good!

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRET! Sounds like you guys had a fun day! I'm glad things are going well and it was good to see you guys on our way here.

Swensen Family said...

Happy Late B-day Bret! I bet it was so nice to go on a date... finally!! I love my children so much, but it is really nice to spend some alone time with Mckay. Funny about the b-days!!

Melissa said...

Ahh birthdays are great. I've been to Famous Dave's before. Yummy stuff. You can't beat gigantic portions of food with tons of sauce dripping down you chin.

Romney Family said...

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you guys had a great day!!!