Sunday, July 13, 2008

How we're doing...

Ok, so things are going pretty good. We have been very busy since Maggie was born. We decided to go spend the 4th with my family in Fairfield. There was a family reunion going on so it was crazy and there were SO many people there. It was fun though. I skipped out on a few activities to rest, which was really nice. It was great to see Kade again. I missed him so much and hated being away from him by the end of it! He seemed so BIG when I finally saw him again. After that weekend we came back and my mom stayed a few nights with us-which was really nice.
Having 2 kids is definitely hard! Naps seem to be hard to come by! It is great to have them both though. I do feel like this time around I kind of know what to expect, so I am handling it all a lot better than last time. I do love sleep, but I am not so upset over losing it as I was when Kade was little. We took Maggie to her 2 week check-up the other day and she now weighs 9 lbs 15 oz. I forgot to mention that in birth she fractured her left clavicle so we had to pin her arm down for 10 days. At her check-up the pediatrician said that she had formed new bone and that it was ok not to pin it anymore. We were glad that it wasn’t a big problem! Here are some pics of the fam…

By the way, this dress Maggie has on was given to her by her Aunt Christena and it is my FAVORITE dress. I think it is so cute! Girl clothes are so fun to have!


Some kids started a fire on the mountain by the University. It was right by the ‘M’ that is on the mountain and has burned a little under 400 acres. It was kinda crazy to see it because it is so close to us. We took some pics of the whole thing from our apartment lawn.






7 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to hear things are going well!! It IS hard, isn't it? But you will get used to it fast, and then you will wonder how you ever survived with only one :) I think I'm a little more organized now than I was (most of the time). Anyway, when I saw Carter again after having Ella he seemed SO HUGE too! It's crazy how a newborn changes your perspectives :) I'm glad Maggie has healed. That would be hard, along with everything else that you have to do for a newborn. She's adorable, by the way. I think she looks a lot like Bret! I can never tell who my kids look like though :) Anyway, thanks for the comment, and we have recovered from our "relaxing" vacation and homecoming :) Hope you're getting enough sleep! Love you guys.

Davis Family said...

Meg, cute pics, girls are so fun to dress. I'm sure you missed Kade, too. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you while you guys were here. I fly out of Missoula in a week and a half, if I have time before, I'll give you a call or visit. Good luck with the two!
Jinny

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

That is a cute dress and I haven't seen her that awake before! She's a cutie. It was good to see you guys

Jonathan Baird said...

Megs,

It's too bad I missed you in Fairfield. We left early on the 3rd. I was disappointed. I'm so happy for your new little girl. I want one so bad, just for the dresses, but I can see myself having a bunch of boys. I guess we'll see what happens.

Chase never left me when I had Logan, but I remembered that his butt seemed really big all of a sudden. He was still in diapers and he was 3, and after changing a newborns little bum, I couldn't believe how big Chase's was suddenly. Nice, huh?

Sarah said...

AWW- that dress IS so adorable, and so is Maggie! I am glad things are going well & that you are adjusting.

Jess said...

Yep, just copy and paste, then fill in your own answers...then you get to tag people too :) That was the first time I'd been "tagged" so I was kind of excited :) Anyway, how are you doing?

Emily said...

She is so beautiful! And holy cow, you look so great! Good luck with everything.