Monday, June 2, 2008

To Fairfield and back

We got back from my parent's house on Monday and have been recovering for the remainder of the week. The trip started out good. Although, it rained four days straight. We went to a lake with my parents, Isaac, Lindsey and Kason. It was fun, even though it was raining pretty hard when we first got there. It stopped after a little while. Kade had fun with his grandparents and he enjoyed throwing rocks in the water.

Kade, Kason and Grandma

In the boat, trying to catch fish...didn't catch any

I started to get very achy from my big belly. I was a little worried because I got SO achy with Kade 2 weeks before he was born, and this time it started at 7 weeks before my due date. It wasn't as bad as before, but it really made me worried that it would get bad fast. Then the worst thing happened, Kade got an awful flu bug. He threw up everything and WANTED food and water so bad almost constantly. He would sleep, wake up and cry the whole time and then sleep. It lasted for 6 days. It was not a fun trip after that. Oh, on top of that I got some kind of bug as well. Not the same as Kade, but it was still annoying. Luckily my parents have this great massager thing and Bret gave me TONS of massages with it and they even let us take it home. It has helped a lot with my achiness. We tried to wait to see if Kade got better, but he never did. We came home on Tuesday, and Kade was sick until Wednesday. He was so weak and tired from not eating hardly anything for a week! I felt really bad for him. Once he started holding down food, he moved around a little more, but his legs were like jello. He would scoot himself across the ground and flop on his belly and rest. It was so sad! But, thankfully he is better now, despite the fact that he is a little paranoid about his food. He acts like we are trying to jip him out of the food he wants. I'm so glad he's feeling better though.

11 comments:

Swensen Family said...

It is hard enough when kids are not feeling well, but to be traveling and "trying" to have fun is another story. I hope everyone (including you) is feeling better now. Do you still have achiness? I am sure that you want to have this little girl early but this is just a little too soon :)! Wish we could have been there to join in on all of the fun!!

Liz said...

Gosh, no fun being sick. I had the achiness with Evelyn, and felt like I was going to just fall apart, or at least she'd just fall out. Good that you guys are feeling better now before baby does come!

Whitney & David said...

ugh... i am so sorry your little guy got sick...and being pregnant is hard enough. i am glad you are feeling better.

Sarah said...

aw. I hope he gets better, & you too! Not too much longer...

Megs said...

How sad, it's so hard to watch our babies be sick and tired and not be able to just make them all better. Glad to hear he's doing better!!

Davis Family said...

Meg, sorry we missed you guys!

Ashley said...

The flu bug is the worst! Rylee had it for 2 days and I thought I was going to go crazy! Your tough for lasting a whole week! Glad your feeling better, a week or 2 early is great, but not 7! Can't wait to see some picures when she gets here!

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

It was good to see you guys. I'm glad Kade is feeling better, that was a really bad bug. Hope you are feeling better too and not aching too much! We are excited to see her when she comes!

adorable pearsons said...

Shoot- that's too bad. I remember you getting very achy with kade. How are you doing now? Poor little guy- it is so stressful when your child is sick and you're not even at home. I sure hope he bounces back quick!

Romney Family said...

what a pain when your child is sick and you are sick on vacation. It looks like you guys had a few fun days though. I am glad that you are all feeling better. I love the pic of your mom and the little boys. So cute!!

Jess said...

I'm glad Kade is feeling better! Carter always seems to get sick on trips. I don't know what it is. I'm glad you all survived!!!

It was fun to "talk" to you the other night :) OH, and the calendar is not done early...hahaha They've been without one for a couple of months now because I just haven't gotten around to it...oh well :) At least it will give me until July next year to finish it, eh?

We would still be having the storage bin nightstands, but Barrett works for a homebuilder, and they have furnished model homes. Then when they're done building in that neighborhood, they let the employees have the furniture for next to nothing :)

Thanks for the comment on my post, I know it was a LOOOONG post :)