Saturday, June 28, 2008

SHE'S HERE!

Well, thankfully I didn’t have to wait until July 5th to have my baby! I think that I wouldn’t have made it through labor if she had had a chance to get any bigger. The doctor said a week before that he thought she was around 6 ½ pounds… they also say that your second one is around a ½ pound bigger and girls are around a ½ pound smaller…so I was expecting around the same size as Kade and since she came early-I thought maybe even smaller. ALL WRONG. She was 9 lbs 5 oz! I am still blown away by it. I cannot believe she was so big! She was born Wednesday, June 25, 2008. I started to notice my Braxton hicks were hurting me at 6 that morning. The doctor, being informed of how fast Kade’s birth was, told me not to "dawdle" if I felt anything. But...we waited to see if the hurting stopped and when it didn’t we dropped Kade off and went to the hospital at 10:30. There they told me that I WAS in labor and dilated to an 8. So it was a good thing I went in. I couldn’t believe it was happening so early! I waited for a while for the doctor to get there and the contractions slowly got worse. But I did feel like I handled it a lot better this time. The nurses couldn’t break my water without the doctor so that made me REALLY want the doctor to get there. He got there at 1:00 and broke my water and I had Maggie Christine Linford at 2:15 pm. I was SO glad he broke my water. It made things go very fast. I pushed for 25 min. and that was TOUGH because she was SO big. I knew that I needed to be able to push so I got a little pain medication through my iv and didn’t get the epidural. I am glad that I stuck to that plan of not getting one because I needed to push hard! Oh, I’m SO glad that part is OVER!
We went home the next day and have been enjoying our new baby ever since. She is the spitting image of Kade to us when he was a newborn. Except for she has a little darker hair and eyes. I am recovering slowly but surely. And what’s great is that I didn’t tear or anything! I was amazed! With Kade I got a 3rd degree episiotomy and that took a while to heal. This time it's already so much better!
Kade was really timid to touch Maggie at first, but after a bit he liked to pet her face and thought that all her little sounds were hilarious. It was cute. He actually is visiting Grandma and Grandpa Swensen right now-which is really nice for me to be able to sleep when Maggie does. But I sure do miss him! My mom had my cousin’s wedding to go to and then she is bringing him back to us. Anyway, that is our update, here are some pics of our little girl


18 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah!! I'm the first blogger to get to congratulate you guys!!! And CONGRATULATIONS!! I keep checking your blog often hoping that she'd be here. You look great!! I'm glad you are feeling better too! I sure felt a heck of lot better after Evelyn than I did Aige. (I was told that not having meds helps with that) She is a beauty!! Congrats Again!!

Jenny Transtrum said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm so excited for you, and I'm sure you're both worn out (well, Megan a little more so than Bret). :) Get some rest and enjoy that adorable little girl!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh congrats! Wow, she is a chunker but oh so cute! Glad you went early, I really don't think your teeny little self could have pushed out a 11 pound baby! 9.5 is pretty impressive! Anyways, hope you're all feeling well and doing great!

Dawn said...

Congrats! I am so glad that she is here and that everything went well. She is a cutie. I hope all goes well with the new born stage. That is something I'm not really looking forward too(at least the sleepless nights and all the diapers). Good luck with everything:)

Davis Family said...

Yeah! I didn't know you had had her until today. I'm sure it's nice to recover and adjust without a toddler, but I'm sure you're missing him. I would, too. Hopefully I'll be able to see you before I go home!

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys. We were thinking about you when you were in labor. My jaw dropped when I heard how much she weighed! She is really cute. Kade is doing great. Maybe we will see you Soon. Congrats again and good job!

Whitney and David said...

She is SO CUTE!!! i am so happy for you! You look awsome too! I can't believe how much she weighed.... she is just perfect though, we are so excited for you!! can't wait to see more pics!!!!

Megs said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!! I can't believe she was so big, you are so tiny, all your pregnancy weight must have been Maggie weight!!

Josh & Jessica Jensen said...

Congradulations~~ She is such a cutie! I can't believe that she was so big! way to go Megan!

Sarah said...

Wow! Good job, Megan. I don't think I would have made it without an epidural. You rock. And to push that big babe out-- you are awesome! Congrats you two, or should I say your four? She is a doll. I am glad you don't have to be pregnant anymore since it's a hot summer.

Seth & Rachel said...

Hello! Congratulations! So happy everything went well, and that you named her Maggie! I remember that you liked that name too when I was prego. Enjoy that beautiful little girl, what a fun time!

SUSIE E. STOUT said...

So cute can't believe how big you did not look like you could be carrying her inside you, where was she hiding? Glad everything went well!!!!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I don't even want to imagine having a 9 lb baby! ahhhH! Maggie Christine is a very cute name. I'm glad to hear everything went so well.

Summer said...

Meagan you look so great and congrats! You should get some kind of award for pushing that size of baby out! She's beautiful and we are both so happy for you guys!

Whitney and David said...

ok call me a stalker but i am kind of dieing to see more pictures :)

Brittney & Micah said...

Congrats! So happy for you both. I am jealous of your fast labor! By the way this is Micah's wife Brittney he is cousins with Brett. Just found your blog from Heathers and wanted to say congrats!

adorable pearsons said...

wow! you are a trooper :) She is beautiful. I am sorry we missed you guys over the 4th, but I am sure you could've used the recovery time as well. She really is so so cute and you really are super mom. Congrats!

Shelbi said...

Congratulations!! I'm sooooo happy for you big babies are esaier once they are out! Hope she's a sleeper that was a bonus I've found. I can't wait to see more. Yahoooo on not getting an epi- You rock!

All the best to both of you!!