Monday, April 14, 2008

Our New VAN!

This is our NEW (to us!) mini van. Our car died completely last summer and we have been driving my parent's car that my sister drove around before she left on her mission. So we have been looking for a WhiLe now. I am SO excited!(I am a little weird, I know) It is so much more SPACIOUS than our car. I thought I was excited, but Bret seems to be just as if not more excited than I am. We drove to Spokane WA to get it (3 hours away) and as soon as we got back Bret bought all this cleaning stuff-it was dirty on the inside-and cleaned it FOREVER. HE can't stop talking about it. So, I am not the only one extremely giddy about our new car.




Oh, in case you noticed that weird hat Kade was wearing in the previous picture-this is it at a closer look. Bret served his mission in Spain and brought this Barcelona soccer team hat back and when we went to take a pic of the van Kade wanted to put it on. He wore it the whole time we were outside... another weird member of the family!





KADE AND NURSERY


(The overly-sensitive rambling of a mother)




So I wanted to say that Kade started nursery yesterday. I really was thinking it might go bad, but I was hoping that it wouldn't. It went bad. Kade is really really shy in new places and when I took him in, he did not want to be there. I tried playing with him for a little bit and the nursery ladies told me they could see how it goes, so I left. Kade was crying and hugging my legs and...just freaking out. He did not want to be left. But the thing is I am a primary teacher and HAVE to go teach my class. Bret teaches a Sunday school class, so he couldn't take Kade either. He actually teaches right next to the nursery room and said that he could hear Kade crying A LOT. Not constantly though, so that was good. So, when it was time to go the ladies said Kade latched on to one and wanted to sit on her lap the whole time and every so often he would look up at her and see that it wasn't me and start crying. Oh well. Hopefully things get better, but I am very unsure how to get him to NOT hate nursery. Also, I know it is only the 1st Sunday we tried it, but does it ever get better for kids like mine?? I just hope it happens before the next baby comes, or sometime around there!


Here is another pic of Kade wearing his goofy hat

13 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for vans! We got one last October and I LOVE IT! I can't imagine ever going back to a car while we have kids. Love the hat, Kade is so cute! Nursery will get better. Rylee loves it and could care less if I'm in there or not, but just keep taking him and he'll adjust!

Swensen Family said...

Wow, a van! I am so happy for you. I don't think that it will take long before we make the switch too. It looks like it is a Mazda, what year is it...we need details. Also I can totally relate with the nursery struggle. Payton became a mommy's boy right before he turned of age (Good thing Lindsey was in nursery for the first while, it was nice for him to have a familiar face), he struggled for quite a long time and then when we moved here it just clicked and he loves it. Also it works better when Mckay takes him in and not me. Maybe try that, I hope it gets better before baby #2 comes, I am sure he will adjust as he gets more used to it but until then keep doing what you are doing! Congrats about the van again!

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

Wow! The van looks GREAT! And what a deal, that makes it even better! I really like it! I am excited for you guys. So how does it feel to drive it? I bet it is so nice to have that extra room.
We'll have to switch sometime in the not to distant future. Good Luck with nursery. I wish I had some tips. I bet Kade will warm up eventually when he gets to know them better.

adorable pearsons said...

We love mini vans- go mom club! (and dad's too)! I am sure nursery will get better, it may just take time. In the meantime talk it up to him all you can; try to use it as a reward :)! And props to you for letting him stay in- way to be strong!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the van. New stuff is ALWAYS fun. And I really can't believe that Kade is in nursery already.

Liz said...

Hey Megan!! Cute blog! And nice van!! Wishing I had one, or at least something a bit bigger. We've got no room between the kids in the back seat. Good luck with nursery. I'll probably have the same problem with Evelyn. Aige though didn't even look back. In fact, I think he'd prefer being in nursery instead of sunbeams. Ah, kids!

SUSIE E. STOUT said...

Megan, I found your blog through Katie's and hope you don't mind I'm taking a peek! My blog is danielandsusiestout.blogspot.com I had to weigh in on this because I just got released as a nursery leader and just have to say yeah for you! Just keep leaving him there, we had a kid whose mom or dad would stay and he was almost 3 when I got put in I asked her to just give it a try. He cried off and on and then clung to me for the next couple weeks but now he cries for 2 min when his mom drops him off and then plays the rest of the time, such an improvement so don't worry about it! Cute little boy and yeah for the van. Tell Bret I said hello!

Jonathan Baird said...

MEGAN!
I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! I've missed being in touch with you. I love the blog. It's fun to have. I really don't spend much time on mine. I'm lucky if I post something once a month. I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats. I'm happy its a girl. I feel like I am the only person who has had two boys. Why me?

Where's my girl? (i'm allowed to whine)

Anyway, did you know that we are moving to Billings in June? Jon is doing school there for the next couple years. Yeah...lets get this done.

Anyway, the van is good stuff. I want one but Jon refuses to buy one until we are done with school. He is driving a corolla and I am driving a sweet (actually its really ugly) old oldsmobile that jon's grandma gave to us for free. (not a bad gift)It won't last throughout school, so maybe I'll get lucky and get a van throughout it. Sorry I am rambling. This turned into more than a comment. Sorry. I just wanted to communicate with you. I'll write you another letter later. Bye

Luke and Lacee said...

A new van, how exciting! Now you're ready for two kiddos! That nursery thing sounds pretty brutal, hope it just gets better soon. Love the crazy hat. ~Lacee

Mark&Noelle Taylor Family said...

hey glad to find your blog mine is themarktaylorfamily.blogspot.com

Chelle said...

We did not know you had a blog. We have one too. Our blog is www.smithteam.blogspot.com i love blogs because they help you to stay in touch with everyone especially when we are all spread out all over the country. We will add you to our list so we can stay updated on your cute little family. It was good to see you this past summer while we were in MT. Chelle and the kids will be there or a few weeks while Jinny is there. if you are going let us know when so if it is the same time we can see ya. anyway cute blog>
Josh & Michelle Smith

The Daniel Gray Fam said...

Yay for vans. I wish I could upgrade myself. Lucky you guys!

Romney Family said...

yeah for a newer and bigger car!! Let me tell you I totally understand the nursery thing as well. Owen still won't go and he will be in primary in January so it could get interesting for us. Alyssa never had a problem with it and now Owen just screams so good luck with that one!!