Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Weather Where Are You?

I am extremely ready for good weather! This whole past week has been from fairly good one day to bad the next day. Montana weather is so weird. It seems that Kade is feeling antsy for good weather as well. He has become quite hard to entertain inside lately.

Kade is an interesting kid. I have never seen a baby more in love with food than him. One morning when Bret was watching Kade and letting me sleep, I got up to find out that Kade had eaten: 1 whole orange, a couple bowls of cereal (toddler size), and some of Dad's cereal. Then I ate breakfast and he had some of mine as well. I don't know how he fits it all in, but he does and it doesn't seem to make him any larger than normal. He has gotten more picky with what he wants, but he still eats a ton! Sometimes I will just have to get him down while he is yelling "more!" because he is practically burping up all that he ate. His first real word that I think he kind of comprehended the meaning of was "more." But I am actually ok with his eating because I would rather have him eat well than not eat hardly anything! Kade is most always up to having some food. This pic is of Kade eating applesauce and smearing it all over his head. He pretty-much covered his head with it.

He is so fun! I love being his mom. He has gotten into laughing as hard as he can lately(even if it's fake). His body gets all tightened up and he holds his hands in fists and forces out the heartiest laugh that he can. That gets me laughing at him and then he starts laughing really hard. We both end up just laughing our heads off at each other. It is really fun!

Missoula has a carousel and on Saturday we took Kade to it for the 2nd time. He really liked it at first, then he kinda got sick of it. I rode it the 1st time, but it made me a little sick because it went surprisingly fast, so I didn't ride it the second time.



10 comments:

Jess said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited that you have a blog and I finally know how to talk to you again!!! That's so exciting that you're having a baby girl soon! We just had Ella January 28th and it has been a crazy ride :) I think I jinxed myself by talking about her good sleeping those two nights...because she hasn't slept as good since, haha. She still does about 5 or 6 hours though, so that's still better than Carter ever did!! Maybe it's a girl thing? I think Carter's finally done teething too, so that's a relief. Anyway...I should just e-mail you or something so this comment doesn't get too long!! I'm so excited to hear from you!

Jess said...

Oh, you should give me your e-mail...haha! Mine is jessica.withers@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Spring has taken forever this year; I know!!! p.s. I love you with bangs. You look awesome.

Swensen Family said...

I hope for the weather to get more consistent too, one day it is really warm and the next cooler. Payton was looking at the pictures of Kade and also of Kason on your blogs and he was really excited to look at them and remembered both of their names. I think he misses his boy cousins that live so far away now. When I think about it too much it still bums me out that we all don't live next door anymore. Fun times!

Lindsey~Isaac~Kason said...

Kade is so funny with all his EATING! I remember when he first started saying "more" and how we all thought it was so funny. Kason and I are definitely ready for good weather too. It snowed a bunch here saturday and sunday.

adorable pearsons said...

I want some cute pregnant pics- where in the world is that tummy? Hey Kade and I have something in common :)with the whole eating thing. As far as weather goes- our house is open anytime, so come and visit :)! You are looking great!

Jenny Transtrum said...

Hey Bret! I'm glad to know that you follow the blogging underground so faithfully. :) I understand about the crazy weather, living in New York has seriously messed with me. My emotions are WAY too driven by whether it's sunny outside or not. My husband has just finished his 2nd year, and the average time for his program is 4-5 years. Hopefully that means we're halfway there. :) How long do you have, and do you know where you want to end up location-wise?

Chelle said...

Cute pics, Addy is the smallest of our kids and the BIGGEST eater of them all. She can pack it away!! We have been having decent weather here. The past three days it has been in the 80's but it goes up and down a lot and will go from 80 to 50 in a day. We have a lot of WIND here like MT which I HATE but other than that they have really good weather here. Not too cold in the winter but definately cold enough and not as hot here as UT but almost the same. Everyone thinks NM is like AZ but it isn't, I really like it here. Come visit anytime, we have lots of room.

Ashley said...

I feel you on the good weather, it's literally every other day here, sunshine and 70 degrees and then snow and wind! Thank goodness for PBS this winter, Rylee has gotten pretty attached to Sesame Street! So jealous that you have a good eater. Rylee eats good, but most of it is me shoving it in her mouth, not her! I want to see some belly pics of you!

Liz said...

I think we all could use some nice weather! Glad you have an eater. Evelyn is too. Aige, on the other hand...I'm surprised he keeps growing sometimes.